Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What I am doing here

I have enjoyed posting this blog. The reason I started it was to make money online so I could stay home with my child (who I homeschool) and to have fun. Well, I have had fun! I enjoy finding free things and awesome deals online and posting them here. I really like having a space where people can find real free stuff.

Unfortunately, this blog as a money-making machine is a bust. Since I started this blog last Oct. or Nov. I have grossed exactly $0.89. Now I never expected to get rich or anything, but at least $20. a month would keep me going.

It takes a lot of time to find freebies and check them out to make sure they are legit. I spent at least 4 hours in January just for the Radon Awarenesss Month posts, as I noticed on other sites that people were having a hard time finding info for their state. Each day that I post a "today's freebies" post, I have spent at least an hour finding and posting the freebies. The longer the list of freebies, the longer I spent on it.

I really love doing this, but it takes up a lot of time that I probably should be using elsewhere online to make some money. I'm going to post a poll- please tell me what you think. Would you be willing to make a small PayPal donation to keep this blog going? Would taking the ads off the blog help?
I'll try to post more freebies in the coming weeks- please vote in the poll.

No comments: